How to make a Volcano
Looking for a unique cake idea for your kids! How about an erupting Volcano cake to surprise your kids? Volcano cake is easy to make, provided you have all the required stuff to make a Volcano shape and decorate accordingly. Volcano Cake takes 70 minutes approximately in total, 20 minutes of preparation and 50 minutes of cooking and baking.
Following are the necessary ingredients with their required quantity:
- 2 boxes of red velvet cake mix equal to18.25-ounce
- 2 2/3 cups of water
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup of vegetable oil
- 3 cans of chocolate-flavored whipped frosting equal to 12 ounces
- 1 can of green icing for decoration equal to 6.4-ounce
- 1 can of red icing for decoration equal to 6.4-ounce
- 1 can of orange icing for decoration equal to 6.4-ounce
- 1 can of yellow icing for decoration equal to 6.4-ounce
- 1 tube of yellow gel for decorations
- 1 tube of red gel for decorations
- First of all heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and Spray 2 or 8-inches cake pans, 1 or 6-inch of Bundt pan and 2 or 10 inches cake pans along with cooking spray and set it aside for a while.
- Now beat the cake mix pouring water, white eggs and oil in a bowl. Mix with electric mixer for 30 seconds. Now scrape down the sides of cake mix bowl and then beat for almost 2 minutes preferably on medium pace. Make sure that you have divided the batter equally between prepared cake pans.
- Now bake the 8-inch cakes, 6-inch Bundt cakes in the oven for almost 35 to 40 minutes. Bake 10-inch cake 50 minutes until its tester is clean. This step should be followed by removal and cooling.
- Now place all the cut tops in a bowl to break them up to large crumbs, which will serve as lava rocks. To make it look flat slice the bottom from 6-inch bunt cake.
- After flattening the bottom of the bunt cake stack the 10 inch cake after spreading a thin layer of chocolate frosting. Repeat this step with 8-inch cake layers and stack
- Now place a frosting dollop right on the top of the 10-inch cake and then place the 8-inch cake on it and trim edges.
- Now it is time to decorate starting with green icing piping around the whole bottom of the cake to make grass.
- Now pipe red icing to create flowing lava and follow it up with orange and yellow icing starting from the top and then overlap orange icing. Place some dry ice in glass candle and place it one the top to make smoke.
Variants of Recipe
- Lemon Volcano Cake
- Molten Chocolate Volcano Cake
- Black Light Volcano Cake